# Quick start guide
Learn how to authenticate your users in just a few steps. You can use the Authentication API both to onboard new users and to authenticate registered users. See our API reference for detailed information about all the available endpoints and properties.
This quick start guide describes how to get started with version 2 of the Authentication API. If you want to migrate from v1 to v2, use this migration guide.
# Information before you start
If you don't have an account already, you need to create a free Signicat account:
# About the integration options
You can integrate with Signicat in two ways, either by connecting to our REST API, or by using OpenID Connect.
# Signicat Express REST API
Our REST API gives you a lot of flexibility and enables options such as headless authentication.
- Several authentication flows available: redirect, headless, and iframe.
- Native mobile app experience for some methods
- Signicat Express SDKs
# Learn more
# OpenID Connect (OIDC)
Integrate with Signicat through the industry standard for authentication.
- Industry standard being used by some of the biggest players in technology such as Google and Facebook
- Easily available libraries for different languages and frameworks
- End user consent
- No need to manage user sessions on your own
# Learn more
# Get started
Help us improve
Did you find the information you were looking for? If not, have a look in our community pages or create a new post.
Are there any features you think are missing? Anything you'd like to see on our site? You can share your thoughts in this dedicated section.