Technical documentation coming soon
If you want to integrate with MitID, contact us for more information and technical documentation:
# About MitID
MitID (opens new window) is a new electronic ID in Denmark, replacing NemID. It is a collaboration between the Danish banks and the Danish public sector. This alliance forms a nationwide solution and provides a secure authentication mechanism for all Danish citizens and residents. MitID can be used for online banking, Digital Post, communication with public authorities, identifying yourself in other digital services and more.
# Try it out
Here is how the MitID login box will look for the end-users. Since it is a demo, any username and password will work:
Signicat MitID demo (opens new window)
# Key features of MitID
This is an overview of important features in MitID:
- A common, national identity and authentication solution.
- Public actors, financial institutions and other private service providers can only use MitID through certified brokers.
- Secure login supporting all three levels of assurance (LoA) from eIDAS, Low, Substantial and High:
- Low: Authenticates the user with single-factor authentication, e.g. with password or chip. Low is not available in NemID.
- Substantial: Authenticates the user with a two-factor authenticator combination, e.g. with the MitID app on a smart phone.
- High: Authenticates the user with a more advanced two-factor authenticator combination, e.g. the MitID app + chip.
- Sign documents using MitID.
# Get started with the integration
Integration with MitID is done similarly to other Signicat's eID methods. This section describes how to get started with setting up MitID.
If you need more general information on how to integrate with Signicat using the OpenID Connect (OIDC) or SAML 2.0 protocols, see the Authentication quick start guide.
# Initial preparations
- Register in the Signicat Dashboard (opens new window).
- In the Signicat Dashboard, set up an organisation, an account and a domain.
We recommend you to create a Sandbox account to test our services before implementing them in production.
# Add MitID
Once your Dashboard account is configured, you need to add MitID to the list of supported ID methods.
You can add an account in the sandbox environment without contacting Signicat. However, before you can start integrating in production, you need to configure MitID access with an onboarding manager. To get help with this, please contact us (opens new window).
To add MitID:
- In the Signicat Dashboard, go to Authentication > ID Methods.
- Click Add new.
- Choose MitID and click Save.
# Other sources
- Information to the public about MitID on the Digitaliseringsstyrelsen website (opens new window) (in Danish)
- Signicat external web site (opens new window)
Are there any features you think are missing? Anything you'd like to see on our site? You can share your thoughts on our community pages:
If you have questions, please contact Signicat Support:
See also our support page.