# App login
# Use case
You are looking for a secure way for your end-users to log in to your mobile app, but without the need for username and passwords. You want to achieve this whilst still offering a positive and seamless user experience for your end-users.
# How it works
Meet Jane, one of your active end-users who has activated MobileID in your mobile app. Jane needs to log in to your mobile app so that she can access your online services.
- To do this, Jane clicks on your app icon on the mobile device.
- Your app opens and Jane authenticates herself using biometrics.
Jane has now securely authenticated herself with two-factor authentication using your mobile app.
# What it looks like
The following diagram illustrates what an app login could look like with MobileID, from the perspective of your end-user.
This flow assumes that you are using MobileID and that the end-user has an active MobileID user and device.
The following flow is a suggestion on how to implement MobileID for app login:
- The end-user clicks on your app icon on their device.
- The mobile app triggers a MobileID authentication request for the device.
- The end-user authenticates using biometrics or a PIN code.
- MobileID verifies the authentication and sends a response to your server and app; confirming the authentication.
- Your mobile app grants the end-user access to their account.
Using MobileID for app login is a straightforward and effective way to provide your end-users with a secure and seamless login experience.
# Sequence diagram