If you do not have the Signicat Identity Broker, you will need to follow the steps for direct connections to the eHerkenning Broker.
Learn more about eHerkenning/eIDAS in the Knowledgebase.
# Getting started
The Identity Broker dashboard will show you all previously configured service and authentication providers. To add eHerkenning to the list, please contact Technical Support and they will add it for you.
In order for Signicat to connect to the eHerkenning Broker, you must provide us with a number of details. These are as follows:
- Your sales contract
- Self-Declaration (Zelfverklaring)
Sign the Self-Declaration where you indicate to agree to the demands and agreements in the eHerkenning federation (opens new window) (in Dutch). Send this signed self-declaration to Technical Support. Perform this step for each service that you want to publish in the eHerkenning and/or eIDAS service catalogue.
# Certificate information
The Signicat Identity Broker must be configured with two certificates, one for pre-production and one for production, which will be used to cryptographically sign the messages between the Signicat Identity Broker and the eHerkenning/eIDAS network.
Check out the page Certificates in Identity Broker for a clear outline of the steps involved.
# eHerkenning settings
Once it has been added to the list of authentication providers on your dashboard, eHerkenning can now be selected.
Adjust the settings as necessary and Save the connection.
- Organisation Identification Number (OIN): This will be automatically filled based on your certificate.
- Entity index: The connection index; Often 9001 for the test environment and 1 for the production environment.
- Default eHerkenning service: Once you have defined eHerkenning services, you are able to set the default eHerkenning service in this field. It is possible to set the default eHerkenning service, you will log in to this service if you do not specify any eHerkenning service in the Login Request
- Decrypt attributes at the broker checkbox: Check this checkbox if you want the Signicat Identity broker to do the decryption of the values for you.
- Include only when scoped checkbox: This indicates that the Authentication provider will not be visible on the Authentication Provider selection screen, but can only be reached by using IdP scoping.
- Select attribute filter: Attribute filters allow you to filter out certain attributes to make the response more concise for further processing in your software.
- Option to add Response attribute mapping: Response attribute mapping allows you to choose the name of the attribute and thus use a standardised name that you receive in the response from the different authentication methods that are activated.
See Broker Features for more information.
# Broker Metadata
Once the connection is saved, press the Get Broker Metadata button and email the metadata in .xml format to Technical Support.
# Integrating eHerkenning through Signicat
When eHerkenning has been successfully added to the dashboard as an Authentication Provider choice, click Test to proceed. You will then be presented with the following screen:
Note: If you use only eHerkenning as an Identity Provider and no others, this step will be skipped.
Select eHerkenning to be redirected to the eHerkenning login screen.
Find out how to create and add the eHerkenning Service Catalogue.
Once you have an eHerkenning connection, it is important to tell your customers about the new set-up in good time, so that they are ready for the change. They need to know that the way they log in is changing, and that they will need to have an eHerkenning login. Good internal and external communication is therefore essential.
For more information, read the eHerkenning and eIDAS communication guides.
# Trial information
If you would like to see how eHerkenning/eIDAS works, you can request Signicat's free trial (opens new window).