# About DigiD
Find out more on how to configure your DigiD connection.
# DigiD overview
DigiD is a electronic identification method that allows access to a vast amount of services and government websites in the Netherlands. DigiD is connected to the user's BSN (Dutch social security number) and is used for most online administration, such as taxes, applying for allowances or benefits, or checking pension information.
The DigiD scheme is managed by Logius, the digital government service of the Dutch Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK). It maintains government-wide ICT solutions and common standards, that simplify the communication between authorities, citizens and businesses, with a view to cohesion of the e-government networks. Logius supplies products relating to access, data exchange, standardisation and information security.
The following types of organisations are eligible to use DigiD:
- The organisation is a public organisation or a private organisation which is legally authorised to handle a public task.
- The organisation is allowed – on a legal basis – to use the BSN for this public task.
- The task for which DigiD is used is a public one.
# Key Features
- Four levels of authentication strength available in DigiD.
- Log in securely to public services/tasks via one app.
- DigiD app allows for different ways of logging in - via the app, with an SMS code, username and password, and using identity card.
- Log in with ID card for access to extra privacy-sensitive data.
If you have any further questions, contact Signicat's Technical Support.