About MobileID InApp
Signicat MobileID InApp offers a simple way to implement and use two-factor authentication on mobile devices. The solution provides an API which allows merchants to implement strong customer authentication in their existing mobile apps. The MobileID registration and authentication process can take place entirely within the merchant’s app (mobile integration), or it can start on the merchant’s website (web integration).
- Supports both PIN and fingerprint (Touch ID, Android fingerprint, Samsung fingerprint)
- Relies on Encap for app security (supports both Android and iOS). Encap is a well established and trusted provider of mobile security solutions.
- Part of SignicatID (SCID). Combine MobileID with other factors as you like.
- Signing of documents with MobileID is available through Signicat’s signing functionality.
Download the latest versions of our MobileID InApp integration guides in PDF format, including sequence diagrams for both registration and authentication operations:
|MobileID InApp: Mobile integration guide||MobileID InApp – Mobile integration guide v0.4||V0.4||19.02.2020|
|MobileID InApp: Web integration guide||MobileID-InApp-Web-integration-guide-v0.1||V0.1||02.04.2020|
Sample projects and code
View the code for sample apps that demonstrate how to integrate with Signicat’s MobileID InApp solution:
The Signicat MobileID InApp solution requires that our customers regularly update their client applications throughout the product’s lifetime.
Signicat MobileID uses Encap Security technology, which is a proven, certified, banking-grade security solution for mobile applications. Encap Security releases new versions of its Client and Server APIs, with unified version numbering, about three times per year. New releases of Signicat MobileID reflect the Encap Security releases in order to continuously improve the service and fulfill our customers’ security requirements.
Encap Security requires compatibility between the client and the server, motivated by the fact that it is a security product and shall be updated regularly. Encap follows the paradigm of approximately two-year backward compatibility between the client and the server. Hence it is the release dates which are relevant for compatibility between the client and the server, not the actual version numbers. There can be intermediate patches, such as 3.7.x, which both Signicat and its customers should upgrade to as soon as possible.
Latest version of the Encap Client and Server solution
The latest release of Encap is version 3.9, released in December 2019.
Current version of Encap used by the MobileID service
The current release of Encap Server that the Signicat MobileID solution uses is version 3.7, supporting Encap Client versions 3.5 – 3.7.
Upgrade Plan of the MobileID service
This is the preliminary upgrade plan for the MobileID service:
|MobileID service upgrade||Encap server version||Encap release date||Compatible Encap Client versions||Comments|
|22 Apr 2020||3.7||14 Jan 2019||3.5 – 3.7||Currently used by the MobileID service|
|3.8||21 Jun 2019||3.5 – 3.8||This version will be skipped in MobileID|
|Est. end Sep 2020||3.9||Dec 2019||3.5 – 3.9|
|3.10||Q2 2020||3.5 – 3.10||This version will be skipped in MobileID|
|Q4 2020||3.11||Q3 2020||3.5 – 3.11|
|3.12||Q1 2021||3.7 – 3.12||This version will be skipped in MobileID|
|Q3 2021||3.13||Q2 2021||3.7 – 3.13|
Signicat regularly sends notifications to its customers regarding updates to the MobileID service. The notifications contain information about new service releases, along with details on which client versions will need to be upgraded at what point in time. The process is illustrated in the following steps (reflecting version numbers relevant at the time of writing):
The MobileID service currently runs version 3.7 and clients run versions 3.5 – 3.7.
- Customers upgrade their clients to version 3.7 in order to be compatible with the next server version, 3.9. Refer to the ‘Compatible Encap client versions’ column in the upgrade plan table.
- Signicat notifies its customers of the pending upgrade of the MobileID service to version 3.9 with the planned service window.
- New features will be listed
- Customers should prepare the upgrade of their apps to use the latest Encap Client version as soon as possible, even if backward compatibility indicates that it is possible to keep using the current version.
- Signicat upgrades the MobileID service to version 3.9 and notifies its customers when the new version is in production.
- Customers upgrade their apps to use version 3.9 of the Encap Client.
- Repeat the process for version 3.11 and further, according to the upgrade plan.