This page gives a high level overview of MitID signing features. For setup details, see From NemID to MitID signing.
With Signicat's electronic signature solution, end-users can electronically sign documents using MitID. This ensures a unified output format in accordance with EU specifications. The signing results in an XML file which is then packaged to a PAdES (PDF Advanced Electronic Signature) consisting of one or more signed documents.
# Sign flow
The process below illustrates a very basic process of how to sign a PDF document with MitID. The user interface may vary, depending on how you define the graphical profile.
- Select the PDF document that should be signed.
- Open and read the PDF document, select “Fortsæt” (Continue).
- Confirm that you have read and understood the contents of the document.
- Confirm the signature with MitID authentication. The sign text is shown when you confirm with the authenticator.
- The PDF document is now signed.
Here is an example with screen images. This example shows the advanced graphical profile in mobile version.