# MobileID InApp Push notification service for Android and iOS
As part of the MobileID product, Signicat optionally offers a push notification service. The service is typically used to bring the end-user's attention to the mobile device when authentication is initiated on another device (e.g. in a browser on a desktop or laptop) or in other use cases where there is a need to bring the app to the foreground.
It is possible to send a push notification to all active devices for a user and to start a session for all devices, using
BROADCAST_TO_ALL_DEVICES. When one device completes the operation, all other open sessions will be cancelled.
Signicat's push notification service uses Google's FCM service for Android devices and Apple's APNS for iOS devices. Customers may also choose to use their own push notification service with MobileID.
If you are considering using MobileID in more than one of your apps, a good practice is to configure each app with a unique
applicationId to take possible future scenarios into consideration. Signicat will set this up on your behalf. Contact Signicat at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
# Further reading
- MobileID InApp overview
- Mobile app-initiated operations via OIDC
- Mobile app-initiated operations: URL construction
- Mobile app-initiated operations: Finalise operation
- Backend-initiated operations via OIDC
- Backend-initiated operations: URL construction
- Backend-initiated operations: Finalise operation
- MobileID InApp upgrade guide
- MobileID InApp release notes