# Test information
Before you have set up your own integration with Signicat's MitID implementation, you can try out MitID on Signicat's demo site (opens new window).
To be able to use this demo site, you first need to create a test user in the MitID Test Tool (opens new window).
Set up test users for MitID Business?
Testing MitID Business, requires special test users. For more information about how to test MitID for Business, see the NemLog-in guideline for service providers(in Danish) (opens new window).
The rest of this page is about how to test MitID with "private" test users.
# Create a test user in the MitID Test Tool
- Open the MitID Test Tool (opens new window).
- Click New Identity > AUTOFILL to autofill the test user fields. You can autofill as many times as you wish to choose your preferred username (Identity Claim).
Edit the fields to add more test data (these steps are optional, but might be useful to test different authentication flows):
- Click the Password checkbox to generate a password if you want to test logon with a username and password.
- Click the TOPT simulator checkbox if you want to test with a code device.
- Select your preferred mobile platform (Samsung or iOS).
- Replace the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive notifications from the MitID Test Tool.
Remember the username and password
You should copy the username (Identity Claim) and password to a safe place for later use.
- Click CREATE IDENTITY. This displays a page which summarises all identity details for your test user.
# Try out Signicat's MitID demo
Once you have created a test user (see above), you can try out MitID on Signicat's demo site (opens new window). In the following example, we use the MitID app as authenticator, including CPR-matching.
- Open MitID (opens new window) on the demo site and enter the username of the test user you created in the Test Tool.
- Use the MitID app display (instead of using the code display).
- Open the Test Tool Identity details page, scroll down to the App section and click Open simulator.
- In the App simulator window, click the Confirm button. It might take a couple of seconds before this button appears.
- Go back to the MitID Logon screen where you now are asked to enter your CPR number.
- On the Test Tool Identity details page, copy the CPR number of your test user.
- On the MitID CPR screen, paste in the CPR number and click Continue.
- You have now logged on successfully with your test user.
Here is an image slider showing the above steps:
If you have any questions or need support, contact us at email@example.com.