# Freja eID
- About Freja eID
- Key features
- Integrating with Freja eID through Signicat
- How to get started with Freja eID
- Test information
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Other sources
# About Freja eID
Freja eID is an electronic identity created by Verisec AB, a Swedish IT security company.
# Key features
- Supports PIN and fingerprint on both iOS and Android devices.
- Supports authentication-based signing in the Freja eID app.
- Allows users to monitor their digital activities on https://minasidor.frejaeid.com (opens new window).
- Supports multiple identities per user.
At the core of the Freja eID solution is the Freja eID app, which is available for iOS and Android.
The app supports both authentication and authentication-based signing and can be used for three different levels of assurance, all of which are supported by Signicat (see below).
# Freja eID basic
- Level of assurance: 1 (no eIDAS assurance).
- Registration is done through the user’s email address.
- Authentication is done through the user’s email address and a PIN or fingerprint.
- The result contains only the email address.
# Freja eID extended
- Level of assurance: 2 (eIDAS low).
- Both Norwegian and Swedish end-users are supported.
- After registering for the basic level, the user must verify their identity by taking a picture of their identity card and providing some additional information.
- Authentication is done by providing the user’s national identification number or an email address, followed by a PIN or a fingerprint.
- The result depends on the configuration and the requested attributes. It will at least contain the user’s national identification number or their email. Additionally, it may also contain any of the following: first and last name, date of birth, national identification number and country code and email address.
# Freja eID+
- Level of assurance: 3 (eIDAS substantial/high).
- After registering for the extended level, the user must register some additional details and visit one of Freja’s agents in person to verify their identity.
- Authentication is done by providing the user’s national identification number or their email, plus a PIN or fingerprint.
- The result contains the national identification number or the email (whichever was used for authentication) and, optionally, the user’s first and last name, date of birth, national identification number and country code and email address.
# Integrating with Freja eID through Signicat
Web integration with Freja eID is done via the same API as Signicat's other ID methods. See Getting started with authentication for more information. Through the single point of integration, merchants get access to Signicat's wide portfolio of integrated ID methods, as well as identity proofing services.
The user downloads the app and completes the registration on their own. The process is described on the Freja eID website (opens new window).
Authentication is done by inputting an email or national identification number. A push notification is then sent to the user’s device. The user clicks on the notification, which makes the Freja eID app open.
- The user logs in. Here are two examples:
- Freja eID basic:
- Freja eID+:
- The user must confirm that they want to log in to the service (in this example, Signicat is the service).
- Upon confirmation, the user is asked for their PIN or fingerprint.
# How to get started with Freja eID
To get started with Freja eID you have to provide the following information to Signicat:
- A logo suitable to represent your organisation in the mobile application. Format: AI (Adobe Illustrator Artwork), EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) or editable PDF (Portable Document Format). The preferred format is AI (filename extension is .ai).
- The name of your organisation (max. 20 characters).
- A description of your organisation (max. 75 characters).
- URL to your organisation’s website (max. 100 characters).
This information will be displayed both on the app and on Mina Sidor (opens new window).
# Test information
Signicat's test environment preprod.signicat.com is available 24×7 and may be used during your development and test phase.
To test Freja eID in pre-production, download the Freja eID app and activate test mode following the Freja eID testing instructions (opens new window).
# Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
# Can Signicat do ID switching with Freja eID authentication?
No. Signicat does not support this, though it is possible to use the identification service provided by Freja eID.
# Does Freja support SAML2 and OIDC?
# Why is the national identification number accepted in other formats than the one described in the input placeholder?
Because Signicat wants to provide the same level of user-friendly behaviour as in the Swedish BankID plugin. People in Sweden are used to writing their national identification number in various formats and Signicat supports a variety of these formats. Signicat converts them to a standard format before passing them along from the UI, as Freja eID only accepts one specific format.
# Is it possible to use various national identification number formats for signing orders?
No. Only the standard format YYYYMMDDXXXX is supported in signing orders. This is because of how the signing process verifies that the correct person signs the documents. The end-user will still be able to input the national identification number in their favorite format, but the signing order needs to contain the national identification number in the standard format.