For step-by-step instructions, refer to How to switch from pre-production to production with the Connector for Java.
Differences between the pre-production and production environments
The production environment is identical to the pre-production environment, with a few exceptions:
- The URL to the service is different
- The production environment is always connected to the production infrastructure for all eID solutions. You will have to use real certificates and real passwords for real persons to log in to applications connected to this environment.
If you are using authentication:
- The SAML certificate is different
- The name of the SAML certificate is different
- Receivers of SAML responses must be reported to Signicat and whitelisted
If you are using Signature and web services:
- The web services require a client SSL certificate
- The server SSL certificate on id.signicat.com is different from the server SSL certificate on preprod.signicat.com.
The URL to the service
The URL to the service is identical to the URL in your preprod environment, except that the first part of the domain name is “id” and not “preprod”.
Example URL in pre-production: https://preprod.signicat.com/std/method/…
Example URL in production: https://id.signicat.com/std/method/…
If you are using a subdomain, the subdomain name will replace the “id.signicat.com” domain name in production.
The CA certificate can be downloaded below. The certificate is also embedded in some of the client connectors.
The name of the SAML certificate
The SAML certificates in pre-production and production have different names.
The certificate name in pre-production is: CN=http://preprod.signicat.com/std, OU=Signicat, O=Signicat, L=Trondheim, ST=Norway, C=NO
The certificate name in production is: CN=http://id.signicat.com/std, OU=Signicat, O=Signicat, L=Trondheim, ST=Norway, C=NO
Client SSL certificate
The web services in production require you to provide a client SSL certificate with all web service calls. The client SSL certificate is issued by Signicat on request. The SSL certificate must be installed on the server(s) where you are making web service requests to Signicat.
Server SSL certificate
The server SSL certificates in pre-production and production are different. This may be important to you if you use this certificate to validate web service connections to Signicat.
SSL server certificate for id.signicat.com: id.signicat.com.p12
SSL server certificate for preprod.signicat.com: preprod.signicat.com.p12
If you are using subdomains, the SSL server certificate will be unique to you and will be provided by Signicat support on request. You may also navigate to the domain in question with a browser and download the certificate directly using browser tools.